Tuesday 1 January 2013

January.

Just a brief post to say Happy New Year! I'm hoping to do a lot more in the garden this year. Looking back at the pictures, I seemed to run out of puff around midsummer. This was partially to do with being unwell over the summer and also the terrible weather we had then. I did get some good crops and a few things have changed, most notably the climing frame and pear tree in the middle of the garden have gone. And I handed in my allotment keys at the end of November to the playhouse is now stuffed full of gardening equipment. Do I miss the allotment? Well, a bit, sometimes I'm thinking about growing and think "I could do..." and then realise that no, not possible, no allotment. But I don't really miss it, no. I did the right thing because my health problems are still ongoing, I just couldn't have kept the plot on for another year. So, plans for this year? A better composting system, a new greenhouse if I can find the money, four new raised beds, move the raspberry patch, build a wormery. And grow more crops, of course!

No comments: